Memory Care at
Memory Care at Opechee Harbor
Compassionate care is at the core of Taylor Community.
Located on our Taylor Laconia campus, Opechee Harbor our Memory Care neighborhood has a person centered focus that was developed to recognize dementia’s unique challenges and to adapt to the individuality of each resident in order to ensure all-around wellness, comfort and safety. Our renowned Memory Care program is rooted in a philosophy that promotes dignity and quality of life through compassionate care and a focus on the person, not the disease.
We believe in a full-service approach to care and provide a high level of personalized attention through all stages of memory loss. Featuring a nurturing residential design and the amenities of an established community, Opechee Harbor at Taylor Laconia is more than a beautiful place to live. It is a community where residents’ lives are greatly enriched and their families enjoy meaningful moments together. A multifaceted approach to interaction can help slow or even reverse the progression of some signs and symptoms of dementia.
A philosophy that promotes dignity and quality of life through compassionate care and a focus on the person, not the disease.
- Personalized care plans with nursing support around the clock
- Medication management
- Diverse life-enrichment programming
- Three nutritious, chef-prepared meals served daily
- Healthy, appealing snacks available all day
- Assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming, dressing and eating
- Personal laundry and linen services
- Regular housekeeping services
- Emergency call systems in suites
- Access to visiting physicians who oversee resident care
- Memory loss education and family support programs
- Intimate, family-like environment memory care dedicated neighborhood
- Spacious, welcoming common areas for social or family gatherings
- Life-enrichment areas for personalized programming
- Cozy library for reading and relaxing
- Comprehensive life-safety and security features
- Secure courtyards featuring gardens, bird feeders and comfortable seating
- Exceptional staff to Resident ratios
- ALL staff are expertly trained in dementia care through the Compass Training Program, which involves both initial and ongoing training. In addition to caregivers, nurse on call 24 hours per day.
- Primary Care physician services available on-site, provided by Taylor’s Medical Director.